Tis the Season to Sip and Savor in the Sun: Five Waterfront Restaurants with the Best Views in Miami
Nov 21, 2018
When the winter storms wreak havoc and thoughts turn to palm trees and sunshine, there’s no better time to book a yacht charter in sunny Miami, Florida.
Unrivaled in its combination of fashionable people, chic waterfront restaurants and pure yachting lifestyle, Miami is a mecca for culture-seekers; a place that draws aficionados, foodies, hipsters and creatives alike, whether their plan is to sip a nitro brew at a trendy coffee bar, take refuge in the city’s many museums, or simply soak in the sunshine and the vibrant energy that this unique South Florida metropolis offers. With a city so exciting it’s no surprise that a culinary scene bursting with flavor is offered in tandem. For a fabulous meal accompanied by an equally fabulous view, Fleet Miami recommends these five* waterfront restaurants to round out the perfect Miami charter.
1) Amara at Paraiso [link: https://amaraatparaiso.com] This new waterfront hot spot is the vision of James Beard-winning chef/owner Michael Schwartz and serves Latin-influenced cuisine matched with views of Biscayne Bay and the Miami skyline.
2) Il Gabbiano [link: http://www.ilgabbianomia.com ] For a truly elegant Italian meal, visit Il Gabbiano – from the creators of Il Mulino New York – which offers magical views of Biscayne Bay accompanied by attentive service and superb Italian dishes.
3) Seaspice [link: http://www.seaspicemiami.com] This hot spot on the Miami River has had a few name changes but the post-industrial renovated warehouse has retained its appeal for the trendsetters and foodies alike. Boasting elevated “gastro-classic dining,” Seaspice blends the breathtaking scenery of downtown Miami with elegant sunsets.
4) Zuma [link: https://www.zumarestaurant.com] Modern Japanese cuisine is the signature of this acclaimed waterfront restaurant in downtown Miami, which is the vision of international chef and restaurateur Rainer Becker.
5) Garcia’s Seafood Grille and Fish Market and Fish Grill [link: http://garciasmiami.com ] Garcia’s is an iconic waterfront hot spot, a “salty old-school fish joint” that has stayed consistent in quality for generations. Stone crab seasons runs through May 15th, so keep Garcia’s on your list for some of the freshest stone crabs in town.
*Worth the Drive: Artisan Beach House [link: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/miami/bal-harbour/dining/artisan-beach-house ] Situated just north of Miami in the upscale Bal Harbour neighborhood, Artisan Beach House is part of the Ritz Carlton beachfront hotel. This hidden gem marries incredible dishes with a relaxing beachfront view that will melt your worries away. Sip a mango cocktail and nibble on the delicious dishes off the Miami Spice menu.